Department of Public Health Dentistry
Public health dentistry is a branch of Dentistry which deals with preventing disease, prolonging life & promoting physical & mental efficiency through organized community efforts for the sanitation of the environment, the control of communicable infections, the education of individual in personal hygiene, the organization of medical & nursing services for the early diagnosis & preventive treatment of disease and the development of the social machinery to ensure everyone a standard of living adequate for the maintenance of the health. It is department that believes in Prevention is better than cure”. Emphasis on this is increased by spreading this message to masses by means of well-organized school and Community Dental Health education programmes
Goals of Department
- To develop planning, implementation, evaluation and administrative skills to carry out successful community oral health programmes.
- The goal of the Community dentistry is to provide basic & advanced Health promotion to an individual and group of people.
- Prevention of dental diseases & awareness of Oral hygiene in rural population.
- To provide Basic treatment in rural areas through mobile dental clinic .
- The main goal of the Community Dentistry is to achieve good oral hygiene & health awareness in public through organized community efforts.
- It assembles basic knowledge required to conduct research.
- It identifies health related problem or community needs and helps government in formulation of proper strategy to tackle the problem.
- It helps in promoting prompting oral health as integral part of general health through imparting health education.
World Cancer Day Celebration