Department of Oral Pathology
Location- First Floor, Room No-103.
Scope- Oral pathology is that part of pathology and a branch of dentistry concerned with the scientific study of the causes and effects of oral disease and understanding of which are essential for diagnosis and for the development of rational treatment and preventive programmes.
This branch of dentistry is a confluence of basic sciences and clinical dentistry and covers hematology, biochemistry, immunology, serology, microbiology, oncology, histopathology and cytopathology.
There are number of cases reported annually ranging from infectious diseases to tumors to cysts. The students are trained and sharpen their research skills, strengthen their basic concepts by applications in clinical subjects like Endodontics, Prosthodontics, Oral Surgery as well as Oral Medicine and Radiology. Oral diagnosis is based on sound knowledge of oral pathology and is essential for good clinical practice.
Patient services- The following services are provided:
• Complete Hemogram
• Special stains as needed
• Oral Cancer Detection (Sampoorna Nidaan)
• Sampoorna Nidaan- A dedicated centre for Oral Pre-cancer & Cancer detection
• Fellowship in Forensic Odontology-The Department offers this program under the umbrella of People’s University.
• Spacious undergraduate labs and state of the art instruments and equipments.
• Well Designed Museum.
• Ample number of slides and teaching material.