DEPARTMENT OF PERIODONTOLOGY
Periodontics is the specialized branch of dentistry which encompasses the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases affecting the gums and supporting structures of the teeth, and study of dental implants.
The mission of the Department of Periodontology is to provide excellence and innovation in education, patient care and scientific discovery in our specialized field. The single-minded aim is to provide patient care with utmost precision and compassion as well as educate them about the importance of personal oral hygiene.
The department provides various treatment facilities like scaling and root planing, splinting, gingivectomy, flap surgeries, mucogingival surgeries, regenerative surgeries and dental implants.
- Ridge Split surgeries for dental implants
- Guided Bone Regenerative procedures using membrane and bone grafts
- Guided Tissue Regenerative Procedures
- Perio Plastic Surgeries
- Conventional Implant Surgeries
- Laser assisted Periodontal Flap Surgeries
- Laser assisted mucogingival surgeries
- More than 30 articles has been published in last 2 years by the staff members of department in PUBMED/ Web of Science/ SCOPUS Indexed Journals.
- Anuj Singh Parihar (Reader) was invited as Guest Speaker in 46th National Conference of Periodontology
- Upendra Singh Rathore won 2nd prize in Scientific Poster in ISPRP PG Convention 2022.
- Srashti Sharma secured 1st Rank in MDS University and all over M.P Examination
- Vishakha Shrivastava secured 2nd Rank in MDS University Examination
- Swapnil Thakur was awarded by Geniuses World Records for Excellence in Dentistry
- Organized Oral Hygiene week in association with Indian Society of Periodontology on 1st Aug 2022