Department of Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
The Department of Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge was established in2005. It offers diagnosis, treatment planning, rehabilitation and maintenance of the oral function, while ensuring comfort, appearance and health of patients with clinical conditions associated with missing or deficient teeth. It specialises in implant, aesthetic and reconstructive dentistry. Restoration of oral function is done through prostheses and restorations (i.e., Complete dentures, Crowns, Implant retained/supported restorations& Maxillofacial Prosthesis).
The department focuses not just on patient care, but also gives equal emphasis to innovative teaching methodologies and research.
THE CORE COMPETENCIES
- Removable prosthodontics
- Fixed prosthodontics
- Maxillo-facial prosthodontics
- Implant prosthodontics
- Advanced aesthetics
- Well-equipped laboratory to fabricate dentures and prosthesis, one for undergraduates and separate for postgraduates.
- Best-in-class infrastructure and faculty.
- Teaching activities are designed to put students at par with their peers at reputed universities in India and abroad.
- Department organizes professional development programs to upgrade the knowledge of faculty and students
- Regular hands on programs for students to facilitate insight into recent advances.
- Free denture camps organised by the department expose the students to a variety of patients.
- Departmental library is adequately stocked with textbooks and internet facility.
- Two labs for preclinical prosthodontic work, which caters to the need of 100 students and postgraduates.
- A separate casting and ceramic lab with the latest equipment and material, capable of functioning as a commercial dental laboratory.