College regularly conducts camps to spread the awareness of dentistry to the community and to provide basic treatment to the needy at their doorsteps. College has started satellite clinics in both urban and rural areas to take dentistry to the needful. The outreach programs are conducted by department of preventive and community dentistry.
College has so far conducted more than 350 camps in various areas of Bhopal and areas around it. More than 8000 patients have been examined and basic dental care is administered so far this year itself. Those patients who need further treatment are referred to dental college.
Currently there are four satellite clinics
- Central jail, Gandhi Nagar, Bhopal
- Rural health clinic, Ratua village
- Urban health center, Indrapuri, Bhopal
- Dental unit, Peoples Hospital, Bhanpur, Bhopal
All above clinics are working efficiently with sufficient OPD cases. The works undertaken in above clinics are:
- Oral and dental check up.
- Oral prophylaxis
- Home care instructions
- Extraction of teeth, Restorations, Replacements and other minor oral surgical procedures.
- For other specialized treatment patients are taken to Dental college and required service is provided.
This is good service rendered for neighboring populations at each of these centers.