ADMINISTRATIVE MEASURES ADOPTED DURING LOCK DOWN PERIOD
- Implemented Ministry of Health &Family Welfare and UGC advisory and adopted preventive measures to combat spread of Corona virus.
- Distributed and pasted awareness posters at prominent places in University campus for prevention of spread of Corona virus.
- Staffs were exempted from marking Biometric attendance before start of lockdown period.
- Maintained data of staff and students visited abroad during this period. Instructed any such person for self-quarantine.
- Classes were suspended, Hostels vacated and mass gatherings were avoided before start of lockdown period.
- Team of volunteers from Health Units of People’s University was prepared to support the People’s Hospital Staff in case of any major break out of corona virus in Bhopal.
- University Examinations were postponed.
- Online valuation, revaluation was conducted for various programs.
- Online Student’s grievances were entertained and resolved by Examination Section.
- As per instructions of State Government provided facility in People’s Hospital for ICU beds, step-down beds, and equipment’s, Disposable and essential materials for treatment of Covid-19 patients.
- After announcement of lockdown University was closed and staff was instructed to work from home.
- People’s University staff voluntarily contributed their one-day salary to the Prime Minister National Relief Fund.
- People’s Hospital was functional during lockdown
- Administrative and Academic meeting was regularly conducted through online platforms.
ACADEMIC MEASURES ADOPTED DURING LOCK DOWN PERIOD
- Online classes, seminars, conferences, webinars were conducted. Faculties were ordered to Work from home.
- Academic activities seminars, paper presentations and guest lecture were conducted through online platforms.
OTHER ADDITIONAL MEASURES ADOPTED
Total ban was imposed against spitting, blowing of nose, chewing of smokeless tobacco products, paan masala and areca nut (supari) in the University campus and a fine of Rs. 1000 is imposed in case of any violations.
PARTIAL RE-OPENING OF PEOPLE’S UNIVERSITY AND ITS CONSTITUENT UNITS
People’s University and its Constituent Unit reopened on 01/06/2020 with few restrictions placed like:
- Classroom teaching suspended and teaching through online classes continued.
- Hostel remains closed for students.
- Staff members residing in containment zone were allowed to work from home.
- Travel history of staff members re-joining their respective office was maintained.
- “Do’s and Don’ts” for staff is displayed.
- Staff is daily screened through IR Thermal Scanners.
- Precautionary measures like social distancing and sanitation is uniformly implemented.
UPDATES ON GOVERNMENT ADVISORIES
For Updates on Government Advisories, Please Visit:
DO’S & DON’T’S
IEC ACTIVITIES UNDERTAKEN TO SAFEGUARD AGAINST COVID-19 INFECTION
Illustrative communication material was prepared on ‘Do’s and Don’ts for safeguarding against COVID-19 infection.
SOP’s focusing on prevention of infection was prepared for the hostels and Academic Buildings. Students & faculty conducted awareness programs.
Outpatients of People’s Hospital were subjected to thermal screening and also imparted with basic knowledge about the disease, and ways of preventing at the screening point.
SUPPORT TO THE DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION ON COVID-19 CONTROL ACTIVITIES
Teams were constituted for supporting COVID-19 control activities in the city of Bhopal. These teams are reporting to the Bhopal District Administration. People’s Hospital, as per the instructions from the Bhopal District authorities, has been kept reserved to treat COVID-19 cases.
IN COMPLIANCE TO THE UGC ADVISORY A STUDENT GRIEVANCES CELL IS CONSTITUTED TO HANDLE AND ADDRESS SUCH ISSUES DURING THE LOCKDOWN PERIOD:
STUDENT GRIEVANCES CELL
|Pro-Vice Chancellor, PU||Chairperson|
|DSW, PU||Member Secretary|
For any grievances please E-Mail at: