SORT NODAL CENTER FOR VIRTUAL LAB UNDER IIT DELHI
- SORT is recognized as nodal center for virtual lab under the participating institute IIT Delhi.
- It’s Initiative of Ministry of Education under the National Mission on Education through ICT
- SORT s conducted webinar and workshops for students and faculty member for various Institutes under this collaboration.
Objectives of Virtual lab
- To provide remote-access to Labs in various disciplines of Science and Engineering. These Virtual Labs would cater to students at the undergraduate level, post graduate level as well as to research scholars.
- To enthuse students to conduct experiments by arousing their curiosity. This would help them in learning basic and advanced concepts through remote experimentation.
- To provide a complete Learning Management System around the Virtual Labs where the students can avail the various tools for learning, including additional web-resources, video-lectures, animated demonstrations and self evaluation.
- To share costly equipment and resources, which are otherwise available to limited number of users due to constraints on time and geographical distance.