DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has started from the session 2007-08. Presently it offers undergraduate, postgraduate and Diploma in Engineering and Ph.D. programmes in Mechanical Engineering. The Department offers Master of Technology course in Thermal Engineering and Production Engineering. Mechanical Engineers are involved with the Design, Analysis, Testing, Manufacturing, Control, Operation, and Maintenance of Mechanical Systems. The Department has well-equipped labs of Fluid Mechanics, Heat & Mass Transfer, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, Computer Numerical Control(CNC), Dynamics of Machines, Basic Mechanical Engineering, Strength of Material etc. and Workshop Facilities with state-of-the-art equipment to carry out research in all areas related to Mechanical Engineering. This department has dedicated and competent faculty members to impart quality education, project guidance, personality development to enable them to be placed with reputed organizations and fulfill industrial needs.
The department currently runs the following programmes:
- B.Tech – Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma – Mechanical Engineering
- M.Tech – Production Engineering
- M.Tech – Thermal Engineering
To create a quality learning environment for all learners through partnerships with students, communities, businesses, and other educational institutions. To be recognized locally and regionally as a provider of high quality education and skills training.
- To produce world-class technocrats who can take up the challenges in a competitive and dynamic global society.
- To provide diverse curricula that will instill in our students the imagination, talents, creativity and skills necessary for the varied and rapidly changing requirements of modern life.
- To perform state-of-the art research that will improve the nation’s strategic engineering and environmental technologies.
- To prepare all students for successful careers based on a strong moral and ethical foundation.
ABOUT HOD: – Mrs. Raji N. Mishra
Raji N. Mishra graduated in Mechanical Engineering from Rajiv Gandhi Technical University, Bhopal (M.P.). She received Master of Engineering with specialization in Machine Design (Gold Medalist) from Jabalpur Engineering College, Jabalpur (M.P.) and pursuing PhD in Mechanical Engineering. She has a several years of teaching experience in the field of Machine Design, CAD, FEM and Biomechanics. She has published more than 25 research papers in International Journals. She has authored text book in the field of Industrial Robotics & Manufacturing science also supervised UG and PG students for their research project. She is a life member of Association of Machines & Mechanism, India. She is a Chairperson of the Board of Studies (Faculty of Engineering) and have established several schemes and syllabi for UG, PG, and Diploma Engineering programmes in accordance with NEP and CBCS.
Also, She worked as an Audit Coordinator at a university level and have dealt with a number of accreditation bodies, including NAAC, NIRF, IQAC, and others.
A SHORT MESSAGE FROM HOD:
Welcome to the Department of Mechanical Engineering at School of Research and Technology, People’s University, Bhopal. We started our journey in the year of 2007. Over the years, we have grown our expertise and competence in the core Mechanical Engineering curriculum and research.
Our department has an excellent record in both teaching and research in the Institute. Faculty members have good academic credentials and are highly motivated. They have been conferred with prestigious awards at national level ISNEE. Mechanical Engineering is one of the broadest and oldest branches of Engineering. Mechanical Engineers are involved with the Design, Analysis, Testing, Manufacturing, Control, Operation, and Maintenance of Mechanical Systems. Our department has a team of highly qualified capable and dedicated faculties & staff members. Department offers a large number of interdisciplinary courses and value added courses for providing cross-cutting knowledge to the students to pursue their interests. The course contents are periodically updated for introducing new scientific and technological developments. Undergraduate students are encouraged to undertake various research projects and to spend time in the live projects. We are providing the latest technology based facilities for conducting experiments.
Department of Mechanical Engineering invites the deserving, dedicated & enthusiastic students to join us and cultivate their bright future. Industries of all varieties do require a large number of Mechanical Engineers. So, there is huge scope for employment to secure a bright future for those opting to become Mechanical Engineers. I wish success in your endeavor to join us on the journey of quality education & to have a great learning experience with my excellent, loving & caring team.
Prof. (Mrs.) RAJI N.MISHRA
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering has 11 dedicated labs and an Incubation Centre where, the following USPs make the Department most suitable to help train the students to become Industry-ready:
- The capacitive Workshop with facilities of Machine Tools, Instruments, Manufacturing etc.
- CNC Machine is available and the students acquire Modern or latest technology training on CNC Programming, Machining and manufacturing automation.
- The CAD lab, one of the most demanded facilities by any student, is available in the Department where students acquire practical training on AutoCAD Software to become Industry – ready.
- BEST Automobile and IC engine lab for research.
- The Incubation Centre is available for the students who want to become trained and skilled engineers. It is one of the dream places of its own kind, facilitated with arrangements of doing research on latest technologies including Solar Energy, Wind Energy, and Automobile Engineering etc.
- The students have developed their real projects like Quad Bikes, Hybrid Bike; Solar operated vehicles, Robots, etc.
- Departmental faculties have four registered PATENTS.
- Department has organized various industrial trips to CIAE, CRIPS, HEG, STPP SARNI, GOVINDPURA AND MANDIDEEP (industrial area).
Projects Undertaken by the ME Department:
- Design & Fabrication of a Quad-Bike ‘Panthera’.
- Design & Fabrication of a Quad-Bike ‘Tigris’.
- Design and Fabrication of a Small Scale Bio-Gas Generating System, using College Canteen’s Food Wastes.
- Design and fabrication of manually operated Can Crusher Machine
- Design and Fabrication of a Smart Table Operating on Google Voice Technology.
- Design and Fabrication of a Portable Solar Power Operated Grass Cutting Machine.
- Fabrication and Installation of Solar Power Operated Fountain System.
- Design and Fabrication of a Solar Powered Boat.
- Design and Fabrication of a Small Portable Air-Conditioner.
- Fabrication of a Bicycle without Chain Drive.
- Design and fabrication of child rescue crane equipped with wireless camera
- Gesture controlled wheel chair using android phone and proximity sensors
- Design of Mobile Operated Fire-Fighting Robots using Android phone and application.
- Our student won first prize in Quad Bike ATV( ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE) National level competition organized by ISNEE.
- Many students qualified In GRE, TOEFL, and GATE.
- Every year students participating in RDC parade NEW Delhi and few have won best cadet award
- Students have participated in Youth Exchange Program organized by GOI and visited Russia.
- Student are getting exposure in interdisciplinary areas like IoT, Artificial intelligence and are Preparing smart desk, contributing for smart city.
- Students have actively participated in outreach activities conducted by NSS i. e. Run for Democracy, swatchchtaabhiyaan, shuddh k liye youdhdh, environment day celebration etc.
Events Organized by ME:-
- Seminar on Entrepreneur awareness in association with MSME.
- International webinar from Malaysia.
- Workshop on Automobile in association with IITR, AUTODYNE.
- In-house training program in design software CATIA, Auto CAD & Many More.